Friday, July 22, 2011

Life Aaj-Kal

Back resting on a pillow inclined at an angle of roughly -30 degrees to the bedhead, legs completely stretched and one over the other, a pillow on the lap over which a laptop is mounted. This is my usual posture whenever I read or write on a computer. The warmth of its base is so irritating that I often feel like thrashing it against the wall. Had it not been an office given one, I might have done it by now (I am lying).

Making notes in a word document using all the fancy tools to beautify, hurriedly swapping across facebooks, gtalks, opening outlook every time an office email pops up, emails from nakuris, monsters etc. etc. have all made the writing(?) experience so artificial. All these can be easily avoided but it requires discipline which will cost me a million dollars which I cannot afford. So instead, I used a pen and book.

I wrote five pages on a trot. I don’t remember when I last used as much ink in my pen. It gave me indescribable satisfaction taking me into flashback (yes, those black whirling circles on white background)…..

She quickly walked into the class carrying a sober expression on her face. The usual cute smile on her round face was clearly missing. It was an easy guess for all 58 of us; it was a deceptive calm concealing the imminent storm…..(to be continued)

With this I commence ‘Life Aaj-Kal’, an attempt to relive the best days of my life. I fervently hope that it doesn’t fizzle out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment